After the successful setup you can switch the Internet connection from LAN to WLAN/Wi-Fi, or vice versa, or switch between different Wi-Fi networks. The following steps will walk you through the instruction for changing from LAN to WLAN/Wi-Fi.
Step 1: Make sure of the following:
- Your router supports the 2.4GHz frequency band.
- Your camera finishes setup and connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable.
- Your mobile device is connected to the Internet with a WLAN/Wi-Fi that the camera will connect with.
- You know the WLAN/Wi-Fi password.
- You have the HiKam app and the camera you are going to configure is in the device list.
- Your camera connects with LAN via the Ethernet cable.
Change the Internet connection
Step 1: Launch the HiKam app. Tap Settings at the right side in the corresponding camera column.
Step 2: Tap Network Settings.
Step 3: Choose the Wi-Fi that your mobile device currently connects with.
Step 4: Tap OK in the popup warning window. When prompted, type in the Wi-Fi password. Then tap Ok to confirm.
Check the switch result
A successful switch is specified by the green CHECK following the Wi-Fi SSID. Now you can remove the Ethernet cable without any impacts.